Microsoft has just announced Skype TX, a new solution for internet broadcasters. Skype TX is described as studio-grade software that delivers high quality audio and video output to seamlessly connect broadcast and media productions with people around the world. The product is a result of a recent acquisition of its long-time partner Cat and Mouse, meaning that Skype will now be better integrated into a professional studio set-up.
Here are more details on Skype TX:
Studio Grade – Skype TX is designed and optimized for professional studio environments.
- – Powerful – Seamlessly adds full-frame Skype video and audio via SDI.
- – Responsive – User experience is optimized for broadcast workflow with API integration and call management.
- – Quality – A single, integrated production grade system to deliver professional audio and video calls. Skype video feeds processed into broadcast formats:
- – Free of audio/visual distractions such as call notifications and ads.
- – HD-SDI Video output/input
- – Balanced audio output/input
- – Auto aspect ratio conversion
- – Total control – Empowers a single operator to manage multi-channel calls and create compelling, new formats with HD-SDI Skype video feeds direct to your switcher.
- – Go anywhere – Cost effective for use in studio and outside broadcast integration.
- – Reliability – Built for always-on operation in a dynamic environment, including call handling management for multiple, simultaneous Skype calls on one management interface, plus operator previews, auto fall back to still and call quality monitoring.
- – Support – Fully supported by a team of specialist Microsoft-trained broadcast technical team.
Access participants around the globe – Powered by Skype, the unparalleled ability to access and enrich programming content by connecting and transmitting contributors, the world over, right into the heart of the show.
- – Access – Real-time access to people from around the world.
- – Connections – Richer programming with video connections to stars, experts and audiences.
- – Unconstrained by geography – Engineered for the most challenging Internet conditions.
- Content without costs – Connect people via Skype free of transmission cost.
Skype TX will be available in the coming year and as of yet, there is no pricing indication.